Rental Agreement Cancellation Policy:
Bookings cancelled at least 30 days before the start of the stay will receive a full refund. Bookings cancelled at least 14 days before the start of the stay will receive a 50% refund. Bookings cancelled within 14 days will not receive a refund.
The December 18 – January 3 Christmas and New Year weeks are non-refundable. We strongly recommend purchasing Trip Insurance if you are renting during these holiday weeks. Christmas and New Year weeks are also not eligible to be used to re-book cancelled dates.
Unused nights are not refundable once you are on the island.
We are not responsible for refunds due to expired passports, date changes made by airlines, cancelled flights, mechanical problems, inclement weather, beach erosion or flight schedule errors made by the rental party and/or airlines.
We highly recommend purchasing Trip Insurance to indemnify the risk of trip cancellation or interruption.
Pandemic Cancellation Policy:
In the event of a declared Pandemic or Epidemic, that prevents reasonable travel to the destination, we offer two options:
• The deposit and total rental amount will be applied toward a future stay in the same property for up to 24 months from the original travel date.
• The deposit and/or full rental amount may be refunded (with owner approval), less a 4% processing and administration fee.
This applies to all new reservations made on or after July 15, 2020. Refunds issued will also be less any merchant credit card fee incurred at the time of the transaction.
Cayman Island Entry Guidelines
All travelers MUST have a valid passport to enter and depart the Cayman Islands. Passport renewal lead times are long in many countries.
Please check your passport expiration dates, as we are not responsible for cancelled trips due to expired passports. Visit: https://www.visitcaymanislands.com/en-us/travel-requirements
We offer Red Sky vacation trip insurance. The cost of the trip insurance is very affordable @ 6.95% of total trip cost, which includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel delay, baggage delay, lost or stolen personal items, emergency accident and sickness medical expense and emergency evacuation, and 24-hour travel assistance services. If you break down the insurance coverage by the number of people and number of days for your travel, it is an outstanding value.
• To receive trip insurance details, a quote and to order please see: https:// caymanvacation.archinsurancesolutions.com
• Guests purchasing trip insurance understand that purchasing trip insurance and filing a claim with the insurance company to recover their paid rental amount, will be in lieu of applying credit towards a future stay.
CAN I CANCEL MY PLAN AND GET MY PREMIUM BACK?
You may cancel your plan and receive a full refund of premium paid by giving your property manager written notice within 14 days from the purchase date of your plan, provided You have not filed a claim under the plan or departed for your trip.
Trip insurance is available directly on CaymanVacation.com.
If the Government of Grand Cayman issues a Hurricane Warning, and you have NOT YET ARRIVED ON ISLAND:
• You may choose to reschedule your vacation at the same property for a later date (within one year, excluding Christmas/New Year).
• A $100 administrative fee will apply.
If you are ALREADY ON THE ISLAND AND EVACUATE your rental property due to an official Hurricane Warning:
• We will issue you a credit to return to the island at a later date for your unused days.
• A $100 administrative fee will apply.
We highly recommend purchasing trip insurance during the June 1 – November 30 hurricane season.
Property Use Policy:
• Occupancy – It is important to not exceed the occupancy stated for each property as the number advertised has been approved by the Cayman Island Department of Tourism.
• Events or Parties – Guests must receive owner authorization for any event such as a wedding, party, or other event on the property that varies from normal holiday use.
• Removal of items – All guests also must not remove anything from the property such as TV remotes, towels, or any other property equipment.
• Water/fishing Gear – Please try and keep the property clean, keeping fishing gear and associated water gear outside, where possible.
• Pet Policy – Pets are not allowed at any property unless prior authorization has been received.
• Airconditioning – Ensure proper use of the air conditioning. All property units are inspected regularly, and filters are exchanged and cleaned. Although we make every effort to maintain these units in good working order, through constant use filters do get dirty.
• Maintenance – Although we maintain every unit to presentation quality, normal wear and tear do happen and maintenance issues arise. If you see anything that requires maintenance, please contact the On-Island Manager.
• If there are any issues, please contact the property manager on your reservation email. If you are not able to reach them, please send inquiries to email@example.com.
Garbage – Ensure all garbage bags are tied and placed in property garbage bins ready for collection, and to minimize pest issues.
Dishwasher – Please load and turn ON the kitchen’s dishwasher.
While sargassum is a natural feature of the oceans and follows seasonal patterns of arrival and departure, there are instances when it accumulates significantly. Despite this, property owners and local councils diligently work to manage and reduce its accumulation to the best of their abilities.
We prefer not to collect a damage deposit, as the vast majority of our clients over the past 30 years have treated our homes as if they were their own.
Should there be any damages or missing items identified upon your departure, we will document the issue with photos and provide written quotes detailing the cost to repair or replace the items. We will then notify you to have the opportunity to review and confirm the details of the damages or missing items prior to charging the credit card on file.
This also applies to any stand-up paddle boards, kayaks and paddles if provided during your stay, as they are inspected upon departure.
The unit is a non-smoking property. Smoking is prohibited inside the unit. Should smoking odors be found upon departure, the damage policy applies to remove smoke odors from the property.
Neither the property owner nor CaymanVacation.com shall be liable to you or any other person by reason of implied warranty, condition, or other term, or under the terms of this agreement; for any loss of monies, consequential loss, damage, or other claims, which arise out of or in connection with the use of the property by you or your invited guests.
Neither the owner nor CaymanVacation.com will be held liable for damages arising from injury, accident, or death involving the property, pool, bikes, kayaks, or the sea.
This agreement and any disputes arising from it will be governed by the laws of the Cayman Islands.